Lycoming Valley Railroad
421 Reighard Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701
570.863.8152
NS Interchange
Northumberland, PA (FSAC 67656)
CPRS Interchange
Northumberland, PA (FSAC 67656) - via NS haulage
NSHR, SVRR, UCIR Interchange
Northumberland, PA (FSAC 67656)
Stations
Newberry, PA (FSAC 67540)
Williamsport, PA (FSAC 67541)
Muncy, PA (FSAC 67542)
Montoursville, PA (FSAC 67655)
Jersey Shore, PA (FSAC 67569)
Avis, PA (FSAC 67570)
LVRR is rated to receive 286K gross weight shipments.
Marketing
Todd Hunter
570.274.4484
General Manger
Adam Pearson
570.863.8152
Customer Logistics & Support
570.473.7949
“A customer-oriented business partner, North Shore Railroad Company, helps find and provide leads to potential clients for our trucking firm. They are prompt with notifications of inbound cars and with bills of lading, so we can identify and accommodate our customers. When we release cars, they are quick to move them off our siding and get them back in the system. We’ve enjoyed a mutually beneficial working relationship for many years.”
Congratulations to Lycoming Valley Railroad!
2024 “Jake Award with Distinction” from
the American Short Line Regional Railroad Association
2023 “Jake Award with Distinction” from
the American Short Line Regional Railroad Association
2022 “Jake Award with Distinction” from
the American Short Line Regional Railroad Association
2021 “Jake Award with Distinction” from
the American Short Line Regional Railroad Association
Serving Customers from Montgomery to Avis, PA | Since August 15, 1996
Today, Lycoming Valley Railroad is a 50 mile short line that interchanges with Norfolk Southern and Canadian Pacific Railway (via NS Haulage) in Northumberland, PA. LVRR is the largest short line on the North Shore Railroad Company system. The infrastructure is owned by SEDA-COG JRA.
Vast stands of timber and nearby coal deposits brought 3 early railroads to the Williamsport area. In December, 1854, the Sunbury & Erie Railroad, a Pennsylvania Railroad predecessor, built northward through Williamsport. The Catawissa, Williamsport & Erie Railroad, a Reading Railroad predecessor, ran its trains to Williamsport over Sunbury & Erie from 1854 until its own line was constructed 1871. The New York Central Railroad presence in the Valley dates from 1883, when its Pine Creek Railroad opened between Wellsboro and Newberry, to haul coal. All these routes were merged into Conrail in 1976. Purchased by the SEDA-COG Joint Rail Authority, they have been operated by the Lycoming Valley Railroad Company since August 15, 1996.